It's tax season. And for some reason, tax season always makes us take a serious look at our financial situation. It's a good thing, it really is, but I HATE it. I hate being reminded that we have so many expenditures in life.
The last two years were spent with Diego in business school. I was fine with scrimping and saving while we were in school because I had in the back of my mind that IT WAS TEMPORARY. So we are finally out of school, and into the job that we want and we live in a relatively inexpensive place to live. So why is it just as bad a before!? And to me, watching every penny is like watching every calorie, it just makes me ornery. No fun allowed. Diets and budgets are "no fun allowed."
Well, obviously, I buck up and deal with it because the only other option is for me to go get a job that wouldn't even cover the cost of day care (beside the fact that it would kill me to put my kids in day care.) But now I am forced to face the fact that not getting what you want is 100% non-temporary.
Wednesday, March 26, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
hahahaha....when you reach that 'non-temporary' stage - maybe we can splurge together (hopefully I'll be at that stage as well) and we'll do a spa day together :)
Yes - hate finances....
Post a Comment