Wednesday, March 19, 2008

We Love Disneyland!

Last week we took our kids on the 6 hour drive to Anaheim to visit my grandma, aunt, uncle, and of course . . . Disneyland. We have been so excited to go. Well, at least me and the kids were. I found out while we were on our trip that Diego thought we were going to Disneyland for the kids. I was going for me.

I woke up the first morning and my right eye had swollen shut. I was very dissapointed because then I had to wear my glasses and I look deformed in the pictures. I never did figure out what was wrong with my eye but the swelling went away three days later when we were safely back to our own home. Needless to say, I ducked out of a lot of the pictures--not that I look that fabulous anyway but you know . . .

Nicolas' favorite ride was Star Tours--he rode it three times in one day. Alisa liked the parades the best. She was sure funny-mesmerized.

For those of you who don't care about a million pictures of my family . . . sorry. I thought maybe my family would like to see these though.


Mr. Toad's Wild Ride


Alisa waiting outside Star Tours--she was too short to ride it


Us with our Mickey Mouse suckers: they were a big hit with the kids and very iconic. It makes you feel kinda special to eat Mickey Mouse suckers while you are walking around Disneyland.




Riding the train around the park: every time it stopped Alisa tried to get off. I'm sure she thought it was like any other ride--when it stops, it's done.


Driving the Autopia cars


Nicolas in an Autopia car


Waiting for the Autopia cars


Nicolas sitting on the Toontown fountain. This fountain periodically makes funny sounds.


Nicolas with Mickey Mouse. Our first ever character picture. He was terrified last year and this year Alisa was terrified. Hence . . .



Mark Twain Riverboat: I had never ridden on this one before.


Mark Twain Riverboat with New Orleans Square in the background.


Alisa watching the Parade of Dreams


Nicolas watching the Parade of Dreams


Riding the new Nemo submarine ride: Alisa was too busy watching the submarine driver to pose for a picture.






They loved the Nemo ride.


Bet you didn't know there was a petting zoo at Disneyland.


On pirate island


Nicolas pumping water on pirate island


Crossing the bridge on pirate island


Eating cotton candy: this is a fun memory because Alisa didn't know it was food until we showed her what to do with it. And by the end of the bag, we were all laughing because of the stickiness of it. Nicolas had a mustache and Alisa couldn't get it off her fingers.


The Mickey Mouse ears resurfaced the next day. Recycled candy.

5 comments:

rabidrunner said...

I care about a million pictures of your family.

Amber said...

How fun, , , but where are the close ups of your eye, you can't explain something like that and not add visual, I'm picturing it way worse than it was I'm sure! I haven't seen you foreva, , ,maybe cuz you've vacationing! We are going to the park next Wed at 11:30 wanna come? How is your running? I have a great book to tell you about so we really should talk soon and then I won't have to use all your room up with my comments!!!!!

Rachael said...

You guys look great! What a fun trip! And those Mickey Mouse suckers are the best. My kids loved them when we were there.

rabidrunner said...

After she tells you about that great book, can you fill me in?

Staci said...

Amber--use all the room up that you want. I missed the park. Should have called you. Talk to you soon.

Rabid--I never knew you loved us so much as to even sit through a vitual slideshow of our vacation. Thanks for the support. I'll let you know about the book. I can recommend Kite Runner if you haven't already read it. I still want to do book reviews on the books I read but the truth is that I read more books than I blog. I would be blogging about books every week. And then my blog would turn to just blo (blah, get it?)