Friday, March 7, 2008

Love Thy Neighbor as Thyself

I am the best at complaining about my body because it is never perfect enough to me. However, the other day, my friend told me that we only get one body and that we better use and love the body we get! Duh. Why didn't I think of that? But it makes you sort of appreciate what you have.

Relatedly, we were talking about how after we get to know someone, we don't judge them based on their appearance anymore. We start to judge people on their personality, confidence, and actions. We simply like to be around other people who make us feel good. So what I am getting at, is that it doesn't matter if I am physically perfect because I can love myself anyway and (get this) other people will love me too!

Strangely, thinking about this sort of makes me want to let other people know that they are ok "just the way they are" too.

4 comments:

Rachael said...

Wait a minute - I thought you were fully aware I hang out with you strictly because of your athletic, toned physic. I figure if people see me with you, they'll assume I'm equally as active. As far as personality goes...well...never really could get past your physically perfect body :)

Rachael said...

I meant 'physique' - not 'physic' - whatever that means...

I was just getting distracted by your body again. Oh la la!

Staci said...

Whatever . . . you are too nice. It's just this weird hang-up that I can never get over so I have to keep reminding myself to get over it.

Amber said...

Love this post, thanks for the thoughts!!!!!