Sunday, May 11, 2008

My Perfect Day

I know, I know, I haven't posted for forever but I am doing it now. Yesterday I had the most perfect day and it is so un-unique that I think it just tells you a lot about me. This is what a perfect day looks like to me.

I awoke at 6:40 to run a 10 mile run up Snow Canyon Parkway. This is remarkable to me because 1) that is grossly sleeping in 2) that's really short for a long run but still long enough to "get away" 3) beautiful weather and beautiful scenery. One the way home, we stopped at Grandma Toblers for some buttery cinnamon rolls. Don't I have the best running friends!

Then I went home and changed into my swimming suit to go swimming with my family at our neighborhood pool . . . for two hours! This is remarkable to me because 1) we finally have a free Saturday to hang out at the pool 2) work on the tan 3) beautiful weather and beautiful scenery.

After that we came home for some lunch and then Nicolas, Alisa and I all took a long nap (but in separate rooms.) This was remarkable to me because 1) hello! Nap! 2) still no work done for the day and I feel just fine napping 3) beautiful weather and beautiful scenery. It was one of the those sun/water induced coma sleeps. The kind where you feel like you are arising from the dead to awaken. Very indulgent.

Lastly, we all showered and cleaned up for an "outing." We ran a few errands and went to dinner at Applebee's. I had never been there before but we had a gift certificate that ended up covering our whole meal. This is remarkable to me because 1) we have more or less given up eating out in an attempt to save money so this was a treat for me. I love eating out. Waiters and no clean up are divine 2) free meal! 3) beautiful weather and beautiful scenery (just kidding). To top off the meal, both of my children were clean and dressed in adorable clothing--that just doesn't happen very often for me. Between searching for clean clothes and soiling the ones they are wearing, cute clothes are a rarity. And they were both well behaved and clean through the whole meal.

Then we went home, put the kids to bed and watched a movie. I haven't watched any TV or movies for weeks (well besides American Idol, YEA!) and I like movies.

There you have it, my perfect day. Am I a pathetic married person or what!?

1 comment:

Rachael said...

That sounds very very lovely! Did you get that tan?