Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Thanksgiving, of course

The family gathered together for last week's holiday (well, except for the family that DIDN'T gather together) and we enjoyed our time and turkey. We stayed at grandma and grandpa's house for five days and really infiltrated. Life is a little more chaotic like that but you gotta love it. So, I decided to post some grandparent boastings lest you think that I am the only one who thinks my kids are amazing. These come from an email to my missionary brother.

From Grandma:
Nicolas is getting so big! He slept in your bed. He was so cute. (Now you need to remember he now lives in Santa Clara). When I tucked him in the one night I put him to bed he said, "How come Uncle David has so many blankets on his bed?". Not wanting to burst his bubble that it was me who had decided how many blankets were on the bed I simply said, "It's because it's getting so cold outside now." Nicolas is especially fond of Grandpa and they have games that Nicolas has made up that dad is willing to play.
Alisa is a crack-up. She is lots of fun. She loves her "baby" and her blanket (which is very pink). Her little legs spend a lot of time running, but she's also enjoys sitting on laps - which I love the best. She too loves grandpa and often walks about calling "ganpa". She is very busy often opening and shutting cupboards and can navigate a full flight of stairs carrying her "baby" (doll).

From Grandpa:
I also really enjoyed having Staci, Diego, Nicolas and Alisa here this week. What a blast! The kids are very cute and very fun. I love being Grandpa. As Mom said, Alisa ("Ali") walks around the house yelling "Ganpa" . . . just for the fun of it. Of course, I love it and make her laugh every time she does it.
Nicolas is getting so mature in his attitude about life. He and I went on hike on Friday afternoon, after I got back from work. We went up the Giles Ranch trial to sheepherder's flat. (Well we actually made it to the Fourth creek crossing, but he was too tired to go on.) It was cold and the creek had ice on portions of it. There was also snow in the higher mountains, so it was very pretty. On the way back, he was tired so I carried him on my shoulders until we got to the ambulance (my Bronco). We talked the whole time. Sometimes it was typical 4 year old stuff like about monsters, but other times it was very interesting to see how he understands and REMEMBERS things that are going on around him. For example, we were talking about his new house in Santa Clara and he said: "The green house (their first house in Santa Clara) was very old and not much fun, but we were only renting it before my Mom and Dad bought the new house in Santa Clara." Yes, a four year old said that. No kidding. I am not even sure I knew was renting was when I was four.

Hope no one minds me sharing with the world. Oh also, last night for the first time in my life, Nicolas liked something that I made for dinner. I'm not kidding! It was those chicken/cream cheese croquettes. His comment was "oh, this is soooo good that I can't even TRY my rice and peas." Wait a minute . . . . was it a ploy?

1 comment:

rabidrunner said...

You've been ployed! By the way, its a go on Big Sky.