A blog isn't anything if it isn't my own personal gripe session.
Grievance #1 Gasoline
I have figured out part of the world's fixation with gasoline prices. (Besides, middle-eastern control, save the world blah, blah, blah) This week I filled up my aforementioned Toyota Sienna for the first time. I have been driving around for two weeks revving that beautiful engine and it was finally time to fill 'er up. I pulled into the gas station, swiped my credit card, and started filling. I was merrily humming my favorite bee-bop as I watched money being drained from my card . . . penny . . . by . . . penny. Suddenly I was standing there transfixed. I could not avert my eyes. It looked exactly like those calculators that follow the national debt. It just kept going and going and going. It wasn't necessarily that the total was $50 but that I had to watch every cent deducted from my checking account.
Grievance #2 Voting
I really, really, hate it when people talk and complain about gov'ment but then don't vote. I swear to you, at 29 I am always 20 years younger than everyone else at the polls. Please friends, take the time to vote. (I guess I should have said that last week, eh?)
Grievance #3 What I do is undone
All the work that I put into my children and house becomes undone in much less time than it takes to get it done. Do they really need to eat that often? I can't even get the dishes done before people are asking me for more food.
Saturday, November 10, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Ah...the gas scare with a Sienna. Yes, I remember that first fill-up well.
Hello? Picture of the car? Please post.
Post a Comment