So, I have a few thoughts for today. Number one is my realization that I am no longer cool. You probably never knew that I was cool but I sort of thought I was there for awhile. Until my 4 year old informed me of my error.
The other day, I was trying to help him get dressed and pulled out my favorite pair of jeans (very proud that there was something freshly laundered to wear) and he said , "oh man, I hate jeans."
I replied, "But jeans are cool."
"No they're not mom. No one wears jeans. I want something cool."
"What's cool?"
"You know cool. Sporty. Not jeans."
So, I went to the store and looked and sure enough, there were lot of pants that were not jeans. Khakis, cargos, sportys were all highlighted and the jeans were relegated to the far wall tucked into a corner. Well, he's wearing the jeans.
Ok, item number 2. How does rabidrunner have 17 comments on one blog post? Thinking out loud, I said that she must have a lot of friends who read her blog. But hubby replied, "maybe she writes interesting stuff." Thanks.
Item number 3. Have they already shown the finale for season 4 project runway? I am so confused because I never know if I am watching reruns or what. I just really want to see the final collections. Season 4 is the one with Kara Saun and Wendy Pepper. (PS I don't know how I got sucked into this show but I LOVE IT).
Saturday, December 1, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
In regards to item number 2, note that more than half of those comments were mine. I also read this blog called CJane. She get's somewhere around 50-60 comments per post. It's amazing. She (and all of her followers) could possibly be in that sit-around-all-day-and-blog category that your brother was speaking of.
Item number 3, I need to get hooked on that show. While vacationing with the fam this summer, I got hooked on America's Next Top Model (MTV would show the ENTIRE season in 12 straight hours). It might be another one you would be interested in. I find the photography aspect of it particularly interesting.
I don't know what to tell you about number 1, I'm in the same boat, only a different brand of boat.
Do you think it's some type of undisclosed, tension-ridden competition we all have with each other?? Who can get the most comments with their posts....? Frankly, I'm still surprised people even care.
About Nicholas - you have to remember that he IS the authority figure on what is cool. Since he just turned 4, I think it's something we all have to get used to - as moms :)
Well.. you may not feel cool to your four year old, but to an eighteen year old you seem like a pretty cool older sister. I wish I had your fashion sense! Not to mention your reading skills.
As for the T.V. show... I'm just glad I don't have a a T.V. in my apartment, because I get way hooked and fast!
oh and I love and read your site often, but I don't always have time to comment :)
Ha! You guys are the best. Please note: I was NOT making a solicitation for comments. I was simply expressing my surprise (and also relating Diego's comment about me not writing anything interesting . . .)
Patti--no tv! Wow you must have another "vegging" outlet. What is it?
BTW - I love under you reading notes that you're 'reading' People Magazine :) Ah...life's guilty pleasures :)
Yes, I am in a rare gap between books right now. I just can't find another book I want to read. Any good recommendations?
Post a Comment