Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Hot Halloween



It was another shorts and t-shirt Halloween. I mean, Diego went trick-or-treating with the kids in shorts and flip-flops and wasn't even remotely cold. However, the ninja and giraffe princess were sweating to death underneath it all. It's so strange being in such a warm place. Of course, the weather has changed and now it is freezing outside.

Incidentally, I am a little bit worried about how my perception of the weather has changed since living in this warm climate. Like, when I say, "freezing," it means it is 60 degrees and you might want a jacket. It wouldn't be a problem if we weren't moving to a colder place but I am seriously a little bit frightened of the cold now. I am afraid that I won't know how to cope with it or something. I know it doesn't make any sense seeing as how I have lived 99% of my life in Utah County but you just forget. For example, my sister in law was telling me that she never buys those pretty black patent shoes for her girls because the shoes have no traction and make them slip on the ice. Ice? I never would have thought of that.

I wonder if my ski coat will fit over my huge belly this winter?

1 comment:

rabidrunner said...

A Giraffe Princess? I've never heard of a giraffe princes... did someone have trouble making a decision this year? That was great!