Friday, September 26, 2008

Where have all the blankets gone?

We lost 'em! Alisa is undeniably attached to her pink fuzzy blankies and she likes them specifically because they are pink and soft. They have to be pink. When she started developing this strong attachment to the pink fuzzy blankie (more than a year ago) I went out and bought a second one so that we would have two. Whew, I thought I was covered. About two months ago, one mysteriously went missing. I didn't look too much but I sort of thought it would just turn up in the daily shuffle. It hasn't.

Two days ago the second one went missing. Just like that. I never let her take the blankie outside because it is so precious. It seems to always be underfoot because she drags it everywhere. So how could it be missing? I've looked EVERYWHERE I could think of. Our house isn't that big--kitchen, family room, couple of bedrooms. It just poofed. I'm baffled.

Alisa hasn't had a nap in two days. That's how vital those pink blankies are to her, I guess. Any ideas where they could be? Here's what I've come up with.

1. A big brother threw them over the fence
2. A house elf took them for his horde
3. A robber entered our home and understood the incredible value of the blankie
4. They got balled up and shoved in an unused drawer
5. They disintegrated from overuse

I am seriously contemplating going and buying a third one.

1 comment:

somestratt said...

Staci! I know your pain! Josh has a bear that he has been gnawing the ears off of since he first started teething, over a year ago. One day, while Brent was out of town we lost him. For nap time he cried for 30 minutes, threw up from crying, cried for 30 more minutes and finally fell asleep (too bad I am a nap natzi!) Anyways. I searched the internet for a dublicate bear, coming at a cost of $30 (it is not longer made) and bought it. The clincher is that he wont even touch the new bear!!! Mr. Bear ended up being downstairs in one of the kid strollers. I have 3 suggestions. 1)find the old one, 2)Get a new one, 3)go cold turkey and be done with blankets all together!