Friday, October 10, 2008

Happy Birthday Nicolas!

Nicolas turned 5 this week and in an effort to redeem myself from last year's downer birthday, I really tried to make his day special. So, I made a few little extra efforts.


First, I made this poster and put it above our fireplace for when he woke up. I also made a special doorway to his bedroom. If forgot to get a picture of it but it was basically a shower curtain cut into strips with writing on it. Every time he went into his room, he would pass through the curtain. He thought that was kind of neat.

Next we made cupcake for his school class and he had his favorite friend over to play. Then, he took the cupcakes to school where he was the "special leader" for the day.

After he came home, he watched a "library movie" and then had dinner. He chose hamburgers and hot dogs. I wanted to gag but since it was his birthday, we made them anyway. (I have a hard time with meet when I'm pregnant.)

Then he opened his presents and we sang happy birthday.








We gave him some legos and hot wheels tricks tracks. For some reason he really thinks hot wheels are cool. But they have to be hot wheels brand.




These are the cupcakes we made for his school class. I didn't want to make two cakes so we used them to sing happy birthday to him too.






After dinner we went to this new park a little ways from our house. It is a very unique beautiful park.









Did I do good making a special birthday? I tell you, I was exhausted by the end. I know I'm a wimp but I was wiped out.

4 comments:

rabidrunner said...

Well done! We are a big fan of that park. I'm thinking we'll plan a trip south just to go to that park. (We might throw a visit to you in there somewheres too!)

somestratt said...

It looks like you made the whole day a birthday success! I am sure he loved every part.

Rachael said...

You're not a wimp. You're pregnant!

I can't believe how much older he looks. Makes me miss our days when we went walking every morning...

andrea said...

hi your pregnant!!!!!!!!!!!1 i neverknew that
andrea