Monday, June 16, 2008

Let's Go Hiking!

Sunday afternoon, we all decided to take a little hike. Suddenly, Nicolas ran into his room and came out dressed like this. We were just trying not to laugh because that would have made him feel bad. And then we started taking pictures and we couldn't hold it in anymore. (BTW-yes, that is a polar fleece and ski goggles and it is definitely not cold out there.)


"Wait," he said, "take another picture."


"Wait. Take another picture."


"Wait. Take another picture."


"Wait. Take another picture."



Model in the making? Probably more like, superhero in the making.

7 comments:

Rachael said...

Wait - how did you resolve everything? Was there protests when you tried to change him? Or did he trade those thick, thermal threads for cooler clothes peacefully?

Staci said...

I just let him wear them. But you know how it is . . . the second he got out of the car and felt the blasting heat, he shed the extra clothes. Plus, I told him he had to carry all his own stuff. Ha! The socks crack me up the most.

Prentiss said...

Hi Staci! Your blog is so cute...I love the pictures of your little boy...and I still think it is amazing that you did a 50k! Congrats!

Prentiss said...

Hi again Staci! Thanks for the invite to run tomorrow morning! I think I am doing a ten with my sister, but I really appreciate you thinking about me! Good luck:)

Amber said...

I love it! He really is a superhero in the making. I have to hide Dax's long pants in the summer because he always wants to wear them with a jacket. . . hello 100 degree weather!!! Also, I love your ultra pictures, wahoo. It's so fun to see kind of what you ran. You rock!

Aubree and/or Addy :) and sometimes Craig said...

what a funny kid! Addy's a little poser too.
I enjoyed your pictures of the Ultra. I really missed out! I can't believe the one of you at the finish line. None of you look like you just ran 30+ miles! Wow, great job!

somestratt said...

Staci! Just catching up on your blog. Completely enjoyable. Nicolas is a hoot! We are heading for our beach family reunion in a little over a week. You ready to start planning for next year???!!!