I don't have anything to say. Nope nothin'. But I just can't stand the thought of having my current post being about Christmas. I'm done with Christmas. I'm over it. And I don't want to see it again for many months. I must not be a kid anymore.
Right now I am in the winter doldrums. Oh January. Why must you be so long? I'm tired of running with snow in my face and squishy wet shoes. I'm tired of worrying about bad air. I'm tired of staying inside all the time. Wouldn't it be nice to go on a little picnic in the park right about now? And I can't figure out how to get away for a day to go skiing. I've got this baby who only wants mom to put him down for naps. Maybe I just need to wean him already and be done with the whole mess. Yeah, that sounds good. Only, I don't believe the task can be completed before the end of the apex of the ski season. I might only be able to squeeze in one slushy spring run. I'm driving Diego crazy with the whole thing but I feel sort of stuck.
So, I am taking refuse from the winter in cookbooks, food blogs and such. Becoming a foodie in the sedentary winter is probably not the best idea but I just feel so cooped up, you know.
Oh yeah, I did have one idea today. I need to run a half marathon in the spring to get me motivated. Anyone know of a close half I could run in the spring?
To top it all off, our landlord emailed the other day and said she is going to drop by for a visit on Monday. Just for a short inspection. That might be fine for regular people but I am in no position to have my closets and medicine cabinets scrutinized. We live with barely controlled chaos around here. And although I am taking impeccable care of the house itself, I'm not sure that she will be able to see it. The thought of having it all clean at the same moment sends shudders through my body. It would be so easy for me to clean it now and be done with it . . . three little kids later it would be just as filthy by then. Everything has to be cleaned within the last hour of someone entering. That's how bad it's gotten.
Yesterday Alisa went to school in the morning while Jackson napped. Nicolas was at school too so I had two blissful hours of silence. I took the opportunity to shower and clean the kitchen. By 11:30 it was all done and I was sitting in awe just looking around. By 3:30 Alisa had thrown moon sand all around the kitchen (she said it looked like fireworks), Jackson had dumped the dishwasher silverware basket and completely emptied one cupbboard. Meanwhile Nicolas had been playing in the snow and tracked mud/slush all around the house while systematically stripping his wet clothing. AND all three of them were yelling at me to let them have cookies. Is this what I signed up for? I could laugh if every day wasn't like that.
See one more plug for summer . . . . kids spend the day outside too.
Wednesday, January 27, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
So first off maybe I should offer you a babysitting day so you can go skiing--jackson will be okay even if he cries a lot. Next I think the problem is that it is January--I'm feeling it too. Every year around this time I start feeling this way and then I realize what time of the year it is. And yes, I feel your pain on the keeping the house clean for more than 30 seconds. Maybe we just need a trip to big sky...
Just a side note - I LOVE your new pictures on the blog - the family pictures. Have I told you that yet??
And yes - very much wishing for summer. We'll have to meet lots at the Thanksgiving Point Gardens - so much fun!
I hope you find a chance to go skiing. Skiing is what makes all the hassle of snow worth it!
Post a Comment