Monday, August 25, 2008

In Honor of Words

Alisa is quickly outgrowing any resemblance to babytalk that she had. At two years and three months old, she can speak very well. Before she gets rid of all of her "mispronunciations," I thought I would share a few of our favorites; you know, the ones that you keep repeating long after they have corrected themselves.
  • spa-eggi (spaghetti)
  • e-den (the end)
  • honeydew lemon (honeydew melon)
  • pim-pess (princess)
  • licolas (nicolas)
  • da-ee (daddy)
  • pellow (pillow)
  • sprink-er (sprinkler)
  • I ga-got (I forgot. She doesn't say this anymore but I love it)
  • family home-meem-ming (family home evening)
  • goggos (goggles)
  • noodo (noodle)
  • e-body (everybody)
  • swimming su-suit (swimming suit)
  • la-lou (love you)
  • I wiw (I will-said with emphasis)

And two of Nicolas':

  • begending (beginning)
  • binocliars (binoculars)

Now for a couple of funny word stories:

  • Alisa wanted to play that she was the mom and I was Alisa. So I said, "can I have a snack?" (This is a perpetual refrain in our house.) Her reply as the mother was, "No, but you may have dinner." Hmm, who do you think she got that from?
  • Nicolas was making Diego hide under a blanket to play some game. Eventually Diego threw off the blanket. Of course, Nicolas started to protest and Diego defended himself by saying he was hot. Nicolas replied, "well, Dad, I was hot too but I just dealt with it."
  • I was asking Nicolas to please clean up his room. He walked by and said, "mom, it's just not my thing."

4 comments:

Rachael said...

I love the "but I dealt with it" - hillarious!

Heather said...

Don't you just love it when they throw your exact words right back at you? "No, but you can have dinner..." love it!

rabidrunner said...

Ours say "knockers" for binoculars.

I'm glad you wrote all of that down. Your post made me wish I would have. And now it's too late! No! It's never too late!

Prentiss said...

They are so cute! How are you doing? I haven't talked to you forever!