Monday, August 11, 2008

Aaaahh . . . Pine Valley

We have taken a couple of trips up to Pine Valley in the past few weeks to do some picnicking. It is about an hour from our house and is like a magic land to me. We drive for 45 minutes in 110 degree weather, sagebrush, cactus and red dirt. Then when we round the corner into the valley, we drop into a open valley full of meadows, pioneer homes, and pastures. The valley is surrounded on all sides by real mountains covered in towering pine trees. Real pine trees and rocks and streams and sticks! The temperature is 30 degrees cooler. As the sun sets, it's literally too cold to sit around without a jacket. It is such a relief from August in St. George. Of course, the kids need no entertaining as the mountains are endlessly entertaining for them. I always wonder if houses are not the natural habitat of children. Maybe we were born to live in nature and have to be conditioned to live inside.










Here is Alisa's first ponytail. We have been waiting a long time for her to have enough hair to do different hairstyles.


Nicolas wanted me to put this picture on the blog because he said this is his favorite outfit. Apparently it is a "baseball outfit."



Diego took some pictures of the princess singing and dancing. She's quite talented, you know.






5 comments:

Rachael said...

Nicholas looks so old in that one with the baseball. I had no idea Pine Valley existed - good for you to be getting out and about. Looks beautiful.

What an interesting thought about kids and their natural habitat. I could see my boys living outside constantly :)

Tracy said...

Can't believe we are not listed on your blog list (yourvalentines@blogspot.com). Just for that we're moving to Maine-- which we actually are currently considering. JV

Staci said...

Well, I don't know what to say. I will just reference to you from my blog of Oct. 25 2007. I'm very, very happy to see a blog from you. I think maybe we will move to Maine too. Especially if you do.

somestratt said...

I can't believe how big your kids are looking. It doesn't seem like just last year when we were at the beach together. Our joshy is so big, and your Alica is a little girl. Amazing how that happens.

CassideeT said...

Pine Valley looks so beautiful. In Dallas we are days away from a good mountain, and I'm sure it doesn't have the same charm as Pine Valley. Just a bit jealous. . .