Just kidding. I just wanted to see if you were listening. At least I better be kidding. Man wouldn't that be ironic. I realized that I have only written about my stinkin' house for two months. But you know, life goes on and we've actually been living here too. Living and breathing and burping, I guess. So here are a few random thoughts:
- Diego noticed that the drive up drop box at the library has little braille plaques underneath the signs. Just wondering . . . if you can't see well enough to read those giant signs, should you really be driving a car.? Just asking.
- Why did the cashier at Rod Works treat me so rudely when she treated the woman before me like gold? Was it because she bought $300 worth of merchandise and I only bought 6 hooks? Or maybe it was the constant screaming to my children that put her off. Either way, I noticed the difference. Yes, I did.
- Quote from Alisa: "I'm playing that my barbies don't like each other any more because the one girl wants the other girl's boyfriend. So she is going to kill her." Do I need to be worried about this? I swear I don't watch soap operas.
- My plantar fasciitis is finally giving me some relief. For those of you who don't know what that is, think of walking around with a marble attached to the bottom of your heel. It only cost me five pounds and a spare tire to get rid of it. You know the phrase, "the spirit is willing but the flesh is weak?" Well, that's me in the literal sense right now. It's a real downer for me.
- Christmas was fabulous. We did the traditional, "stay up until midnight and then open your presents" thing. I was still hung over (mormon hangover) by New Years and had to go to bed at 8:30.
- The outside of my house is still not finished being painted but we are moving in anyway. It's been too cold for paint to dry. That's what they SAY anyway.
- Diego decided to announce to the congregation last Sunday that we are moving. Subsequently, I spent the next two hours justifying my decision to move to people. It never fails: people feel betrayed when you move away from the neighborhood. "What, we're not good enough for you?" "Why would you want to leave me?" I'm truly sorry everyone. It really wasn't meant to be a personal affront. It's what's best for our family.
- Since I knew we were moving soon, I just haven't been able to muster the willpower to clean my house? What's the point? I'll have to scour it all after moving anyway. But don't come visit me. I'm embarrassed.
See ya in the new house ya'll!
2 comments:
Holy cow, woman. You got me with that pregnant comment. This was a very fun post (except the part about plantar. Boo Plantar!)
Love the Rod Works story. - so funny. And speaking from my own experiece, I'd put my money on the kids acting out - not the cash :)
And yes, totally understand the looks of betrayal when you announce you're moving - that's how I felt when you & the Messengers were leaving our old ward. That's why we left first - skip the coming heartache :)
Post a Comment