I'm crazy, obsessive, compulsive, neurotic about Disneyland. Sure, it makes me tired and cranky. Sure, it makes my kids even more tired and cranky. Sure, we had to drive ten hours straight through. But after last week's trip, I can't help but have happy images in my head of places and things in California. I had so . . . much . . . fun. We had perfect weather, short lines, and my mom to help with the kids. I was quite worried about getting all the kids to sleep in one hotel room. We tried it a few weeks ago in St. George and it wasn't all that succesful. But . . . this time, we wore them out so completely that they were all BEGGING to go to bed. Alisa was asleep before we even got home most nights. Ahhh. Bliss.
Jackson wasn't so crazy about the whole thing at first but then once he realized what we were waiting in line for, it was hard to keep him from jumping the gate to get to the ride. He loved it. So here is a barrage of pictures (not even remotely all of them) in which we take may too many "carousel" shots. By the way, I don't think I had ever ridden the carousel before we started taking our kids. I remember thinking, "Oh my word, who would ride a carousel at Disneyland? They should take that thing out." Ah, my young naive self. It rates as one of my kids favorite rides.

Happy Birthday Alisa!

Traditional photo. The extra people are my mom and brother, David.

Waiting for Dumbo. That rides actually pretty thrilling. If you don't get dizzy at least.

Alisa and her cousin Isabel. She just happened to be there with her family. They love each other.

Carousel

See, more Carousel

Alisa and Isabel

Alisa and Alice

Tigger. Duh.

Look at the motion in those hands. Toontown.

Toontown firetruck.

Three-tiered fire truck?

Uh, more fire truck. (I swear, this isn't even all the pictures.)

Jackson checking out that huge mouth on a car. He must be thinking, "well, wonders never cease."

King Triton's Carousel. Notice they are the only ones on it. Fun times.

Chew Chew Train

Hi Mickey!

More Carousel. Are you kidding. See how Jackson is petting the horse now. Not trying to get off.

Yes, six year olds like the Carousel too.

Pixar Play Parade. Big Hit.

"I love you, big scary monster."

Big Wheel on the S.S. Rustworthy.

We've never had a picture here before. By the way, I am never wearing this outfit again. How unflattering.
We spent our last day at the beach (yes, pretty chilly) and at my Grandma's house in Anaheim.

One . . .

Two . . .

Three!
4 comments:
Ah! Thanks for reminding me of your darling family blogspot. I love it! You are so gorgeous with such a beautiful family. We miss you guys down here! It looks like you are doing great and having a lot of fun. Tell Nicolas hi from Zac!!
glad you had fun and survived the trip!
So fun! We'll be there with my whole family in 3 weeks! Can't wait!!!
Sometimes it feels as though we are living the same life... You just lead it in a more web-savvy and eloquent manner. :) I love the pictures and truthfully wish there were more! So fun to see them all! (And what a doll Jackson is!)
Post a Comment