Monday, March 1, 2010

Camera Phobia

I got a new camera for Christmas--a "real" camera with lots of options and dials. It sorta scares me. When I tore off the wrapping paper, I didn't want to open the box. Can you tell I'm not good with gadgets? Diego encouraged me to just start playing with it and enjoy it. It has an automatic setting after all. Any dummy can use "auto" right? Well, I have discovered three things about photography.

1. I don't have a natural eye for framing and lighting photography.
2. Great shots don't just happen--you have to think about the composition.
3. I like this a lot more that I thought I would.

I am still overwhelmed by all the things you can do to make your shots better but Diego told me to just learn one thing at a time. I can get so bogged down in what I'm doing that I get flustered. And then again, I have already forgotten what I've learned. So, I just keeping shooting and being grateful for digital photography that can make dummies like me get a decent shot.

So here's what you get when:
.
1. You leave the laundry door open.
.
.
2. Your three year old puts on make-up.
.
.
3. You don't fold the laundry for two weeks.
.
.
4. You decide to MAKE Valentines because it will be "fun."
.
.
These aren't the "best" shots that I have taken but I like the stories these tell.

2 comments:

Rabid said...

Nice! Great pictures. I like the valentines one. Shows how overwhelming it can be.

Which camera did you get? Oh please, do tell!

Rachael said...

I think they look great! Though my favorite is the one with Nicholas. We're going to the tulip festival in a few weeks. Come with us and bring your camera!!