Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Step #4: Buying a Car Seat




Last week I did my final step for preparing for my babe: buying a car seat. It was easy since Diego and I picked one out together a few weeks ago and I just waited for it to go on sale. If anyone is wondering why I didn't already have a car seat considering I have two other children . . . it's because car seats expire. That's right e-x-p-i-r-e. Like canned food or something, apparently they have a "shelf life" of five years and then you are supposed to get a new one. When I went to check the expiration date on my car seat, of course, I found that it had passed because we had bought it for our (now) five year old. I asked my dad if he thought this was just a hoax and he replied that it is probably a "justifiable hoax." Call me gullible then, but I got a new one.

Two and a half weeks to go . . .

4 comments:

Heather said...

Okay, I'd heard about the carseat thing too, which means, we'll have to get a new one when that time comes...so is there any way anyone can enforce the old/new carseat expiration rule? Will they not let you take your baby home if they see the expiration date has passed? Hmmm...things to wonder about.

Cute carseat by the way...maybe I will just get a knew one cause they make them better every year.

Oh and no, I'm not pregnant...just wondering.

rabidrunner said...

I like "justifiable hoax". Your dad is wise in so many ways.

somestratt said...

You are doing a great job preparing! I can't wait to see this new baby.

Rachael said...

What?! They expire! That is totally ridiculous! URGH!!! Just makes me more upset at the whole nanny-like government...Urgh! cannot keep going down this train of thought now.

Anyway - please post pictures of the baby soon! I'm a terrible friend for not calling you lately. Will touch base soon.