Nicolas is 4 years old and does some funny things. For the past month, he has finally consistently been dressing himself fully. Shirt and pants and socks and everything. I will hand him a shirt, pants, and underwear and he will magically emerge from his room fully dressed. (Sometimes he chooses something different, but that's beside my point.) And then, last week, on vacation, he asked me to help him get dressed. Since I was feeling benevolent, I acquiesced--I mean instead of yelling at him to "just do it yourself." I took off his shirt and then tried to pull down his pants and underwear in one swoop but they were really hard to get off! As I examined the situation, I realized that he had on 4 pairs of underwear! I guess he had been just putting the clean underwear on top of the old. I told him that was gross and that he needed to change his underwear everday.
Well, I guess that information sunk in because the next day I went to change his clothes (thinking I should maybe monitor the situation) and he wasn't wearing any at all. Underwear, I mean. In his mind, if you have to change it every day, it might just be cleaner to not wear any at all.
I guess I can't be too upset as I'm the one who hadn't bathed him in four days. Ha! Speaking of hygiene . . .
Tuesday, January 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
So funny! James did the same thing 2 weeks ago. He gets dressed every morning by himself and I'm not usually there to watch the process. So it was astonishing that night getting him ready for the tub - when he strips down and there are 2 pairs of underwear to take off. It made me wonder how he got through bathroom brakes during the day without it really bothering him...
Staci, your blogs make me so happy!! I just had to laugh about the whole thing all day long, especially the part about no bath for four days! Welcome to my world!
See that's what you get for potty training your child. Some of us on the "dark side" don't have to worry about such trivial items as "underwear".
What's so weird about not bathing them for four days?
Post a Comment